This year has been one for the books. It was filled with highs and lows, celebrations and surprises. We got married, we went on a honeymoon in Mexico, Teddy finished his Master’s degree and started on his PhD, my brother-in law and his girlfriend graduated, my sister-in law got married, I found out I am going to be an Auntie to 3 new babies, we moved to a new state again, I started working at Lululemon and I started this blog.
Whew, that’s a crazy year.
I thought I would reflect on the top 5 moments from this year and talk a little bit about what I am excited about for 2017 today.
Top 5 moments of 2016:
- Marrying my best friend. This was long overdue and I am so thankful that we were able to have the wedding that we always dreamt of together. There are so many moments from that week that we hold near and dear to our hearts and can’t wait to tell our kids about someday. It’s crazy how much closer we have become in the last 7 months and I look forward to all the love we will share in our lifetime together. I am so proud of that man; he is my world.
- Honeymooning in Puerto Vallarta. We got an insane deal and ended up staying in a brand new all-inclusive adults only resort. We drank far too many margarita’s and tequila shots, ordered so much room service we could have fed a small army, zip-lined through the jungle and enjoyed quality time together. We had never been out of the country just us so it was such a cool experience.
- Starting this blog. I have learned so much in the 6 months or so that this space has been live. I am continually striving to grow into my vision more and more. I have found so much joy out of having something that is my own and that I can truly channel all of my creativity into. In previous years, I have tried to find that in the wrong places and so I know that there is a true sense of freedom to being able to express yourself however you want and not be told that you’re doing something wrong. This is only the beginning and I can’t wait to see where we go together!
- Teddy getting into an amazing PhD program. I am so proud of him for how hard he works and how great of a husband he is even when he has a million things to do. He finished his Thesis right after our wedding and then we packed up and moved to St. Louis so that he could be challenged at a great program. I cannot wait to see all that he accomplishes with his career, he is truly one of a kind.
- Babies, babies and more babies. We found out that my brother-in law and his girlfriend are expecting and are due in May with a baby girl. Then, my sister and brother-in law are having their second baby due in July and my sister-in law and her husband are also due in July! Next year will surely bring lots of snuggles and cute baby outfits so what’s not to love about 2017 already?!
What’s to come in 2017:
I was taking a workshop before Christmas that asked the question, “what lights you up the most to think about in 2017?” and I wrote down, “the possibilities with my blog, making them a reality, traveling, traveling and more traveling.”
So it is pretty clear what I want to create out of this next year ahead of me.
You can expect that I will be a full-time blogger by the end of 2017. You can expect that I will continue to improve the quality of the content that is provided. You can expect me to stay grounded in who I am (strong sense of self). You can expect me to continue to have this blog grow with me as a writer, creative and human being.
Be ready for more travel. I wrote a goal to travel to 3 new countries this year and I can’t wait to show you my dream destinations!
Be ready for more style inspiration as well as more heart/vulnerability.
Be ready to grow.
Let me know in the comments your favorite moments from 2016 and what’s to come for you in 2017!
Love you all, have a great day!